Storms are coming.
The
air so heavy you could shape
it into castles.
You question the prophecies that haunt you
You question the prophecies that haunt you
for the thousandth
time and—
A
raindrop drives down your
forehead just so
and down you go, stairs sliding, the last one ramming lightning
up your spine and into an open vision
of invisible castles made of air—
and down you go, stairs sliding, the last one ramming lightning
up your spine and into an open vision
of invisible castles made of air—
Held
under the rapids—
tangled
in a downed tree—
chariots,
tidal waves
rushing
at your heels—
A
hundred viruses stalk you.
Poisoned
grains of rice hidden
in every bowl and
ancient
snares with kills in the
millions
set on every corner you’re known
set on every corner you’re known
to
chase at night.
But
the cruel slivers that
keep your eyelids
pinned
open drive you toward
each sharp exacting
turn
that keeps your feet on every
fragile skein of web.
fragile skein of web.
So
follow your anger.
Let contempt make you write words
on the ground. May your hands again
on the ground. May your hands again
make
ceremony.
When
sleepless fever
chains your body to the racks, stay awake for it
chains your body to the racks, stay awake for it
to
purge you of bravado before
you go hunting.
you go hunting.
There
is treasure in
this field,
in this muck and wet soot. Clues in the
in this muck and wet soot. Clues in the
telltale words of
whispering hail,
stone-fisted
disaster.
Search
out the faces
of
your many hungers.
Dive
into the dark heart
of
this pain.

I have just come upon your postings and I think they are very beautiful, - the words, the images, the background. I will be following along, even if I don't always comment.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for saying so, Hildred. I find your blogs really lovely as well!
Delete