![]() |
| NASA : Perpetual Ocean |
I
want you to understand
that
there is no flow—
this
is all irrigation, breaking
ground
to find a vein of water
This
is being half alive
but
running a message barefoot
from
mountain to mountain,
chewing
root and imagining water
This
is moving stones
in
the dry valley when no one’s looking
—then
evaporating back into baked air
till
the time comes again to do the
miracle
that turns dust atoms to water
This
is rain in a field
that
can no longer hold it—
blind
groping for roots that
have
worn down to shreds, to
outlines
of words without water
This
is building a dam without a river,
believing
springs will one day rush up
from
deep earth and begin a deluge;
building
a boat and waiting
to
be lifted by invisible water
I
want you to understand
that
I am still half alive—
and
the part of me that sleeps
is
spinning stories outside time—
And
on some other earth,
formless
and void, some spirit roves
over
the water, waiting for the
word
that says light

What can I say except how much your poem touches me, - light and hope!
ReplyDelete