I want to
know that
someone here in the crowd reads minds.
someone here in the crowd reads minds.
That someone
saw the seal
rise with the waves
rise with the waves
and swim
straight toward them
with a message from God.
with a message from God.
I want to see
the whole terminal break down weeping
when the light hits the silent asphalt
after the electrical storm.
I want my heart to
break a gash in the wall
and see water pour out,
glimmering waves to lift us,
drown our inner feed,
make us play or fight for life.
make us play or fight for life.
I want you, unknowable one,
to know that you are known.
And seen.
This earthquake,
hallelujah,
was for me.
This earthquake,
hallelujah,
was for me.
And for you,
if you looked up and out.
if you looked up and out.
If you let
your core
be shaken; be held;
be shaken; be held;
be moved by the unseen lover
that came to Psyche in the night.
You walk in a myth,
but do you believe its stricture?
that came to Psyche in the night.
You walk in a myth,
but do you believe its stricture?
Why is
flight only possible as you sleep,
sweating out
your gravity?
I will not tell you what to do.
The body
next to you on the bus, in the line,
heading toward you on a suicide mission
can give you the words.
heading toward you on a suicide mission
can give you the words.
Their syllables shimmer
in the grand halls and crannies
that lead to
your hiding place,
calling you
out.
To get up,
to open your mouth.
To say
nothing
and be fed.
and be fed.
And be
known.

No comments:
Post a Comment