![]() |
| NASA : Yukon Territory |
I.
visibility
I
still see you in the shape of
your
clarity, moving with such
strange speed, almost like light
yet
slow as our hearts
beating underwater
Running
in a layer beyond
this fake backdrop painting
where
you can't be seen but
where your true body emerges,
your
skin, your hair, your breath
somehow more real,
more
whole, more urgent and alive
Yet it's all unsayable—
—you
said you speak my language
but
I don't even have the words to bridge
this
chasm you know nothing of
crossing or
even falling into
Do
you know it's all there, all
free for the taking, your riches,
your weapons of song, of story—
free for the taking, your riches,
your weapons of song, of story—
this
great divide that waits for you to
see its vast space that invites us to play
and
revel in its air, compels our very
movement, that
is even joy—
Joy
that
is the unspoken word
that
is the forbidden saying
that
is the code to the passage
where
the scrolls enfold secrets
that
lead to the caves no one's
yet
discovered—
II.
invisibility
There's
a holiness that descends
when
you step into a dark place
untouched
since creation. Its quiet
ambushes
your being and you know
the
ground is a threshold you
can't
escape unchanged—
—and
the voice you longed to hear
all
your life doesn't come from behind,
yet
suddenly you know this language
and
it knows you. All your words
annihilated
and remade.
This
is why we understand nothing
now.
Why you look at me and feel
the ache of waste, why what I see I
can't say or pull out of the soil of this
field I bought with everything I
owned.
We can't bring ourselves to name it
We can't bring ourselves to name it
for
fear of looking down and finding we've
been walking blind through air all along.
If
this is all there is, then why do I
see
how all of what you show the world
is
just crackling bark, and the loss of it
doesn't
mean death as you think?
Why
do I see the true skin of what
could
grow around the mass of you,
smooth
and firm and fitting the whole of
your
layered years, you instead like an aspen
with
someone sitting in your shade, writing
letters
on the substance of what you shed?
And
yes, why do I still believe
that
faithful sun will rise tomorrow
when
this cave I've slept in my
whole life has told me it's all a lie?
As
a child, I saw it:
why do they say
that we can't see air
when air is what
makes us seen?
why do they say
that we can't see air
when air is what
makes us seen?
You tell me.
I know you
still are there.

No comments:
Post a Comment